One of the most overlooked aspects of a commercial business is making sure your roof is properly maintained. Regular roof maintenance and repair goes a long way in ensuring your roof has a long life. Your roof not only protects your business, but also your customers and your employees. A little regular maintenance on your roofing system can result in large savings, especially when compared to the cost of a catastrophic roof failure or damage from an undetected leak.
Periodic roof inspections should be completed at least once a year or during tenant finish-outs to determine if new penetrations or HVAC curbs have been installed and if so, were they properly installed by a qualified technician. Periodic roof inspections can also address foreseeable problematic issues such as: blistered roof membrane, cracking membrane, excessive ponding water, roof damage, roof component damage and more. Our preventative roof maintenance services include:
- SPF commercial roof maintenance
- TPO commercial roof maintenance
- EPDM commercial roof maintenance
- Built-up commercial roof maintenance
- Industrial commercial roof maintenance
- Other commercial roof maintenance
Considerations for Commercial Roofing Maintenance
Your roof is a lot like your car, it needs a little periodic maintenance in order to remain safe and reliable. In order to ensure a long life for your commercial roof, here are a few questions to consider:
- When is the last time your roof was inspected?
- Making sure you have a proactive approach to roof maintenance will allow you to anticipate future roofing needs, giving you time to plan your budget accordingly. We will not only help you fix any existing issues with your roof – we will prevent them from happening in the first place.
- Do you know the estimated life span of your roof?
- After inspection, a detailed explanation called a RAISE report will be given that will depict your roofs “story”. Our team has been doing this long enough to know that each roof has a “story” to tell and every roof handles the elements in which it is installed differently. We can use this report to determine the estimated life span of your roof.
- Are you prepared for the future?
- In addition to the RAISE report, a program called Roof Asset Management (RAM) will be implemented to help you plan and budget for repairs within a fiscal year. RAM can be consulted on a quarterly, semi annual, annual basis, or whenever the need for a more comprehensive action plan would be required.
Solutions for Commercial Roofing Maintenance
Our team at Gate Commercial Construction is highly skilled in preventative roof maintenance. We can help you detect any foreseeable issues your roof might encounter, and then prevent them from happening. Knowing how your roof is adversely affected by weather, building type, roof design, roof type, foot traffic and various other factors is key to implementing future strategies to extend the life of a commercial roof system. Are you interested in learning more about preventative maintenance for your commercial roofing system?Contact Us Today